Sunday, July 15, 2007

The Last Day

Hello, everybody.

This is gonna be the last post on my blog from Saudi Arabia. My flight to Cochin is on Monday morning, around 4:40 AM Saudi time. It's a weird feeling, leaving a place you've lived all your life,knowing that you probably will never come back, but more on that later. Let's overview what happened in the past few days.

On Thursday I went to school to get my Passing Certificate, and then I went to Sagar's house. We finally got to do what we always dreamed of doing together: being bored. lol. We watched parts of 3 movies- Thank You For Smoking, The Wedding Singer, and Reno 911-Miami!. He took some movies from my harddrive. And at around 6- I left. Damn, I gonna miss Sagar a lot. He's my oldest friends, and I've known him ever since 2nd standard, when we were in the same class. I love you, man.

Friday was a normal day except that I had my breakfast from Aramco' Dining Hall. Actually, I should say i GORGED my breakfast- 2 waffles, bacon(beef, not pork, duhhhh) and an apple tart. Needless to say, I was gasping for breath after that. Just the way I like it! :D I also went to this church here for the last time. Now I'll go to India and go to Malayalam masses in Kerala and not understand a single word. Atleast over here church was in English.

And on Saturday, I went to the gym here for the last time. Not really going to miss it, though, lol. But I AM going to miss the library here. It's a really awesome one, it has loads of books and magazines, and you can request them to buy a book for you or subscribe to a magazine. I went out in the evening with Aryton, we went to Baskin Robbins. I had a Jamoca Almond Fudge ice cream, which was really good.

Ok, so back to leaving Saudi. I was born here, and I've also lived in the same apartment for the whole of my life. It's really strange to know that you won't step into the same house ever again, and these are the last few hours over here. But I think since this is inevitable, and that many teenagers around the world are experiencing the same thing, it's best to try and not be too emotional about leaving.

I installed the software that came with my phone. And now some icon is on my desktop which launches 'Sony Ericsson File Manager'. I can't even move or delete this icon. But considering that this software came from Sony, I shouldn't really be surprised. If you didn't understand why I said that, click here. Also, Arsenal won their first pre-season friendly 2-0 yesterday over a team called Barnet. Considering that they drew 0-0 lat year, this is a ray of hope. Highlights here!

So now, packing and all is done. We have a LOT of luggage this time, and that's making me tensed. Another thing is that the reporting date to the college is on 19th July, and we've decided to go to Calicut on the 18th itself by train. But the problem is that there's a 'hartaal' or strike on the 18th, from 6 AM to 6 PM, so no road transport will be available during that time. So I gotta get to the railway station before 6 AM and wait there for a train. Seriously, in these kind of things, India really sucks.

So I guess that's about it from me....take care everybody. I don't really know when I'll update this again.

Antony.....out!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll miss you, man. ;_;

This is my world... said...

take care mate ! cya soon incalicut !

Chroma said...

hope to see you soon again... :( Good Luck!