Monday, June 18, 2007

Daily Paraphernalia 18/06/2007

It was a day of contrasting moods. I woke up early today....9:30 (!), and since I had nothing else to do, I sat and feverishly read Fever Pitch, and I finished the book today. I was also supposed to go to Aramco and meet my dad to sign those DASA application forms. But unluckily, due to some reasons left best described as 'not my fault' , I missed the bus. And I trudged home......feeling like this was the worst thing that could happen. The phone call to my dad telling him I missed the bus was really short, but his disappointment was obvious, and I knew that a lecture on my incompetence and irresponsibility when he reached home was inevitable.

So I sat in my room, continuing to read Fever Pitch. Eventually my mom called me for lunch, and suddenly I wasn't feeling so bad after all. I decided to go online...and after loitering around for a while my mom came in and asked me to check the SPDC results. I just smiled as I clicked on their website, knowing that the results weren't going to be there. But LO! AND BEHOLD!!! they were out! And I got the scholarship!!!! WOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!

So, yeah, that's all that happened today. I gotta mosey down to school tomorrow and get a couple of marklists attested. For this, I have to wake up at 6 in the morning and catch the bus. That sucks, but what can I do?

Oh yeah, it's rare that 2 people you know, 2 AWESOME people you know are born on the same day...soooooo HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Nikhil and Ajita!!!! Rock on, peoples!!!

Btw, Paul McCartney was also born on this day, waaayyyyy back in 1942.

No comments: