Saturday, June 23, 2007

Daily Paraphernalia 23/06/2007


Hey guys!

Yeah, I'm sorry once again for skipping a day for updating the blog, but the problem is that there's not enough 'Paraphernalia' happening in a day to make it worthy to post. I'm also not feeling all that sprightly these days. More on that later(look at the picture for a hint). Yesterday(Friday) was a normal day. I got up early for church, which made me feel really sleepy during church and after it, so I had to have a nap after it when I came home. Anyway it was a great nap. I was knocked out cold then. lol. I had Zatar for breakfast, which was tasty. I'm really gonna miss all this one month from now.

I also started reading Harper Lee's To Kill A Mockingbird, which is supposed to be some great award winning book. So far, it's all right. Quite interesting, in fact. I actually started reading it because I heard it was good.

I woke up late today, at around 11, and the day went on normally. I went to this electronics shop here today...called Extra. Me and my parents were checking out LCD TVs..and we saw a nice 32inch Samsung one which my parents really liked. So hopefully we'll get that or something better.

Remember I said I wasn't feeling very sprightly? Well, in some very very sad news, Thierry Henry has left Arsenal for FC Barcelona. Although he can't be blamed for his reasons, his departure will definitely sadden a lot, if not ALL of the Gunner faithful. I understand why he left. Things are getting destabilized at Arsenal. At almost 30 years of age, he surprisingly hasn't won a World Footballer of the Year Award. How he didn't win it last year when someone undeserving like Cannavaro won it is really astounding. Yeah I know, Cannavaro played at an unparalleled level at the World Cup, but he didn't really do much apart from that. Henry also hasn't won a Champions League medal yet.

*sigh*

The Premiership is losing one of its greatest talents today. Arsenal fans, including me are losing their King, their Hero, and memories of so many amazing moments by him will remain in our hearts. Nobody who's seen him score a goal and then do one of his celebrations can admit that they were not enthralled. His flip-over goal against ManU, his hat-trick against Roma, the brilliant double sidestep goal against Liverpool, his destruction of Leeds United!! Those would easily induce feelings of admiration, respect, and amazement in even the most casual football fan. He was easily the best striker in the Premiership(better than RVN anyday), and he might be the most graceful and deadliest striker the world has ever seen.

My own personal wound is like a deep DEEP gash in my chest, and the blood won't stop flowing. My former anti-depressant is now my depressor, and this realization condemns me to a mood of general morbidity. How fucking ironic that I just got a Henry Arsenal! poster yesterday. Hope everyone else's lives are much more cheery.

Farewell, Thierry, good luck with your future endeavours with Eto'o and co.

You will never be forgotten. And thanks for everything!

No comments: