Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Sanity, Books, Movies and Games.

Today, once again, I was pushed to the edge on sanity, prodded by the twin sceptres of Inflexibility and Impatience. My mind is wandering always, and there's almost no realization of my surroundings.

In other news, I read James Patterson's Jack and Jill yesterday. After reading 2 of his books, I have to say that I don't really like Patterson's style of writing, so I think I won't read any of his books anymore.

I borrowed Eldest, by Christopher Paolini today, as well as Fever Pitch by Nick Hornby.

Eldest is the sequel to Eragon, which is a book about this teen who finds a dragon egg while hunting in the forest. It's a bit like your regular teen-wizard kinda story, but it's a lot more 'serious' and there's a lot of dragons. Paolini also describes a lot of the politics between the various factions (Elves, Dwarves, Humans).

On the movie front, I saw Pirates of the Carribean: At World's End. It's definitely a good movie, but it still falls short of matching the fun level of the first one. The new characters and numerous plot twists convolute the story a bit, and as a result one may get confused while watching the movie, but I guess if you really want to enjoy the movie, you should just not care what happens and just enjoy the ride. Disappointingly, Jack Sparrow is not as prominent as he is in the other movies, and this time it's up to Elizabeth Swann (played by Keira Knightley) and Captain Barbossa(played by Geoffrey Rush) to carry the movie and they do a pretty good job about it. Flowerman, uh, Orlando Bloom is back as Will Turner, and seriously, his character is like an irritating prick! You know, like a small kid who's too smart for his/her own good!

But overall, I'll give this movie an 8/10.

Hopefully there'll be more Pirates of the Carribean movies, and I'm hoping they'll all be Jack Sparrow shows.

I also started playing Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened on PC, but with all adventure games, I'm pretty clueless. I guess it's back to FAQ-scrubbing for me.

Btw, in the next few days or week, I'll be posting(hopefully), more about the games, books and movies I've experienced recently, along with random snippets of thoughts here and there!

P.S. I'm an Arsenal and A.C Milan fan.

3 comments:

Ann.... said...

hey anto.....

u write surprisingly well...for a guy, i mean... so, you're reading Eldest?? thats soo coool mahn.... been dying to read it ever since i read Eragon... which is probably one of the best science fiction, EVER. well anyways, dude...blog on...

ann

This is my world... said...

LOL... man whoever said guys cant write well.. sheesh ! lol.. newayz anto... herez my first comment man !! sorry i was just a lazy asss and idint feel like havin the energy to comment !haha.. but nehow man keep up the good work mate !

harish sharma said...

I visited my school here and met all of my old teachers, which was great. Some of them even have kids who they're planning to send to NIT-C. *devilish smile* Our school got a new vice-principal, a dude who comes from an Army background, and he's looking to discipline the school. Hmm...I kinda hope that happens, cuz our school is really going to the dogs when it comes to discipline.
gta 5 apk